Cycle roads in Poland
along Dunajec and Nida...
...are beeing improved year by year. On these photos we present some latest impressions.
June 2015: 20 km long cycle road on the former railway track
between Sucha Hora (Slovakia) and Ludźmierz
- new perfect Option of cycling from Zakopane to Nowy Targ
New cycle roads around Nowy Targ
- Until now we were urged to use this part of road with busy traffic. Arrow shows the track od abandoned railway
- same place in October 2013,
- and in Summer 2014 -
- - tour goes on!
- cycle road follows the railway track into the town
- New bridge across Dunajec -
- with separated cycle lane
- sheep may cause some cycle traffic obstacles ;)
Bridge across the Polish-Slovak border in Sromowce
- Pylon bridge in Sromowce -
- - excellent investition -
- - enables easy access to riverside path in Dunajec gorge
Bridge in Kroscienko
- old Bridge was narrow and uncomfortable
- the new one has a separate cycle lane
- approaching the town centre
Cycle lane and cycle bridges in Niedzica
- Construction works in 2012
- In the summer 2013...
- ...separate lanes...
- ...and bridges...
- ...to the beach!
New border-crossing cycle trail to historic village Osturna in Slovakia
- Downhill ride from Lapszanka - Pass
- Village lies in the valley
- passing hundreds of wooden cottages
- we follow the stream valley
- across the border
- to Kacwin and Niedzica in Poland
- comparison: before and after
- summer 2012 - autumn 2013
Road in Leszczyny village - newly covered by tarmac - here we start the tour since 2012
Cycle trails in Nida valley
Photos taken in summer 2013 along our trail "Steppes and marshes"
All roads shown were formerly dirty tracks, now covered by tarmac