Cycling in Moravia
- Moravia: historic map...
- ...and contemporary - excellent cycle roads
- and good signposts for cyclists.
- We start our tours here - in Litovel
- Lunch in old mill
- - then along Morava channel
- towards old town.
- Then through a reserve....
- with a protected riparian forest.
- We soon see the historic constructions...
- ...of Olomouc
- Olomouc has a great deal to offer!
- On gravel roads,
- between two fishponds
- we cycle to Tovacov -
- and Jewish cementary.
- Futher cycling through forests
- To Chropyne...
- What about a refreshment?
- Little town Napajedla
- and here near Spytihnev,
- is the beginning of Bat'a - Kanal
- we follow the flat canalside road
- - to Uherske Hradiste
- here is the old Synagogue
- and the Hotel.
- Town Uhersky Ostrov - trail blazing
- market square
- and castle
- in Straznice - another castle
- and boat harbour near the open air museum
- Moravian Slovakia - charakteristic house
- and wine cellars
- finish of the stage - town Hodonin
- next day - across wineyards
- we cycle to Breclav...
- and through the "garden of Europe"
- Wine saloon
- and hotel.
- next day trip can be shortened by using local train
- we come first to Mikulov
- then on flat roads
- in the valley of Dyje/Thaya river
- First to the "border market"
- then we enter Austria (white stone marks the border )
- quiet paths in Laa an der Thaya
- leads us
- to market square with an impressive town hall
- and Hotel.
- Try out the thermal springs there!
- Local train brings you to Vienna.
Back to tour programme...>