Krakow & Dunajec cycle path
- "Wyspianski" is a modern Hotel in the historic centre. Here we usually book the first and the last night.
- Krakow: Wawel castle and cycle route along Vistula river
- Zab, Poland's highest village
- We then cycle down the mountain, past farm carts laden with hay
- The folk culture of the people who live in the Tatras, the Gorale, has been preserved in their music, their songs and their local costume
- Cable car brings us back to the top of Gubalowka
- We cycle downhill...
- through the long Dzianisz village...
- ...to Chocholow, a village which is now a "living open-air museum" of timber architecture
- Hotel in Lopuszna
- In the distance we see High Tatras
- and green Beskid Mountains.
- Bialka - Gorge
- The castle...
- ...and the Hotel in Niedzica
- The classical picture of Pieniny - Mountain: The Red Monastery and "Three Crowns Mountain". Here we start the most spectacular part of our tour.
- We cycle along the "Pieniny Way", a narrow ledge open only to walkers and cyclists, carved out of breathtaking limestone cliffs that run the entire length of the Dunajec Gorge.
- Unlike the tourists on wooden rafts being steered down the river by Gorale we can stop at any time to take photographs
- The little spa town of Szczawnica is a pleasant surprise...
- ...with its cycle-friendly separate lanes for cyclists
- Spa gardens
- The next stretch leads us through what is known...
- as the "green Dunajec Gorge"
- Old barns, granaries and hen-houses
- Finally we arrive to Rytro.
- Last short leg, along the Poprad river.
- Historic little town Stary Sacz
- An evening of Klezmer music brings the tour to a close.
Detailed programme - Krakow & Dunajec cycle path